Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dreams of a Cardmaker

So, I have been working on my crafting skills for the last 2 years or so. I'm totally into scrapbooking and working with pictures. But more than that, I enjoy making cards for people and sending them. I absolutely LOVE getting a response from the recipient. Their joy is my joy. It's fun to get something besides bills in the mail, isn't it? Especially when it's not your birthday or any other special occasion!

A friend of mine recently received her Ph.D. I wanted to represent the fact that she was a brown-skinned girl and that she was fabulous. In fact, I suspected that underneath the robes, she would don a beautiful, brightly colored dress from some boutique. With that in mind, attached is the card I made for her. I purchased the cap, gown and diploma from a card shop but made the body, hair and skirt myself. Not bad... It was a fun project. I've been remiss in my crafting. Time to get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment