Saturday, September 28, 2013

Poeticly Cooking: Two Apple Spinach Salad

One of my favorite things to do is recreate meals that I find at local eateries.  Because I've been eating clean I had the notion to copy one of my favorite salads. Cap City restaurant features the Two Apple Spinach Salad. After having it once and falling in love, I decided I had to have it whenever I wanted versus only the times I made it to a locale. It's beautiful and pretty simple and quick to prepare:

You'll need: 
2-4 Salmon filets
2-4 slices of bacon
2-4 apples (gala and green)
1 bag of spinach
2-4 tablespoons of goat cheese
Pecans (optional)

Season and grill a piece of salmon to your liking ( I sometimes pan fry them in olive oil for 6 minutes on each side- medium heat)
Slice 2 types of apple
Fry (or microwave) a couple slices of bacon and crumble

Arrange spinach on a plate. Arrange the apples on separate sizes. Place the cooked salmon in the middle. Sprinkle with the bacon, goat cheese and pecans if you like them. Serve with a balsamic vinaigrette or whatever dressing you prefer.
Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment