Thursday, March 3, 2011

My oh my, a whole month has gone by!!! Curls Product Review on deck!

Hey friends! Wow, I have checked in on my site a few times but it's been forever since I posted anything. An entire month! That sucks! And it's not because I have nothing to say... I just haven't had the quiet time I need to compose.

Lets make this post about hair! Then I'll do a concert review later this week. Stay tuned.

I've had some love and hate times with my hair lately. I don't want to cut it or anything but I need it to stop me from "dating" all these darned hair products! I've tried a lot of stuff in the last 2 months. Ok... Only 2 products. But they've been some blind dates! While the potential suitors were ok, they just didn't quite take me there... Today, we begin with Curls Whipped Cream...



After winning a bottle of Cashmere Curls on Facebook, I decided to go ahead and get myself a jar of styling product. I'd been playing around with another product which I'm thinking could be my staple eventually but in the meantime, my PJ has been on the prowl. She's such a cheater! Anyway, I decided on the Whipped Cream after talking with the owner. It came in a cute little jar. It smelled TERRIFIC! It felt nice on my hands... But alas... That was the beginning AND end of the love affair. The first time I tried it, my hair had a little hold but it dried crunchy and was a little frizzy. Meh. The second time, I used Cashmere Curls underneath. Meh. Same thing with a little less frizz and a little more shine. The 3rd time... THIRD! I tried it with the Quench moisturizing product underneath. Curls recommends that product under Whipped Cream AND they sent me a nice sized, free sample. I love that about the Curls company. Order something and you can sample something else. But I digress. The third time was not the charm... providing similar results... Boo. Again... Decent looking twist set but hard, stiff hair. So, I think I've decided whipped cream is either not for me or I'm using it wrong. I've since written the owner. We'll see what comes of it. For now- it's NO BUENO!

In the meantime, I got my hair straightened for a weekend change. Here's a pic of my and my honey. I enjoyed the straight look for about 3 days and then I was ready for my curls again. It was very windy on Valentines weekend and hair kept blowing in my mouth. Ick! Give me my curls, any day! Here's a pic! Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Hiii! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following yours now.

    Great post! It was right up my way because I have crazy curly hair. About a few months ago I walked into Target and I was astounded to see that they had a whole endcap full of products from small business companies for curly hair! I thought I was in hair heaven! I didnt try any of them though to be honest. I have a lot of hair and its very long. One jar cost about 20+ dollars and I would only get one and a half use of it. The product that I have been using for about 2 years is Umberto Beverley Hills Curls Lotion. I purchase it from Target for about $8.99. I love your hair straight as well it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I bought the curls souffle for my hair when I was natural and I did not like it. I think my texture was all wrong for it. However I use it on Zaria's hair (daughter) and she is in the 3 family and it made her curls in her puffs really defined but dried hard. i am going to keep it and see what else I can pair with it so that she has a more softer set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Muzik! Thanks for following me too! Umberto Bev, huh? Please don't get my pj going! LOL! I appreciate and support 2 of those lines only because they're black owned. But if my hair was super long, I would likely pass it up too.

    Crissy- I switched to the souffle actually and it works much better for me. Although, I admit it dries a little hard. I will be doing an update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Jae- you know I LOVE your blog... I'm thinking I will talk about my connection to the adoption triad soon on here. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete