Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Revisiting Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie


Smile- it's definition!

 Man! I used to loovvvvve me some Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie! Back in the day when I frequented Curly Nikki, I was one of the first ones to try it. I tested it out on my 5-inch hair and fell in love. I loved the smell, the definition it provided to my twist/braid-outs, the affordable pricing AND the fact that I could get it on the ground at my local Target. Then one day it stopped working. It seemed that overuse made my hair dry up quite a bit. I attributed it to the fact that perhaps my hair didn't enjoy all of that protein and gave it up gladly. However, I decided to give it another try for no good reason (well... it just kept calling me like Pookie on New Jack City!). I'm glad I did. On Friday night I did a late night twist set using the curl smoothie, passing up all my other faves. I intended to take the twists out the next day but I ended up keeping them in until the following Tuesday (today!). While in twists, I moistened the hair after workouts with a spray bottle of water, olive and avocado oils. Today, I have a good looking twist out. It's super soft, defined, has lots of body and all the peeps love my 8-track (I mean, twist out!). I'm excited though because I enjoy wearing my hair out when I teach Zumba. On a good day, my hair  bounces around just as freely as the rest of me. After class tonight I will probably twist it back up and leave them in until Saturday when I have a photo shoot with a group that I'm in (Che' Marie and Extended Play). I'm excited. I'll post the results later. In the meantime- come on Shea Moisture!
 
Aerial view (ignore those granny grays!)


No comments:

Post a Comment