Friday, November 19, 2010

Girls with glasses rock that hair!



Some people think I'm nice, some people think I'm nasty. But if you really want to know just ask me! And I'll say I'm nice-ty! Anyone remember that song? It was by a singer named Michelle (pronounced Michelle-lay) in the 90's I think. She's long gone from the scene but this is my theme song for the month. Why? I don't know. Feeling random and YET- that is my relationship with my hair. LOL! Mostly she plays nice, but on other days she's down right nasty. Straight misbehavin! But I believe that is largely related to my treatment of her (yes, she's a girl- like me). For the most part we get along well. But lately when I'm out in public, folks are feeling her up all the time without permission. They see us up in the club and want to know how she got like that. Loose and wild- ya know? She can deal with the commentary but is none too pleased with the wandering, non-lubricated hands NOR my standing by and letting it happen. I guess there is such a thing as "hair honor"?? But I can't blame her (no one likes that!); all that touching leaves her feeling and looking frazzled and dry. I'm thinking it's high time I intervene. So, let's make a deal- don't touch Thelma (yes, she has a name...) and if you really wanna know (about my regimen)- just ask me! And I'll answer nicely.

But seriously- I'm no hair expert. But I will share my regimen and styling tips if you wanna know. And sometimes if you don't. For instance- to achieve the style shown in the pics- I braided it using Bee Mine Curly Butter while it was wet and took it down the next day. If you're looking for a good styler with hold, check it out.

~Peace and love - LBoogie

9 comments:

  1. hey Lynn, crissy here. I like how you introduced yourself and Thelma. I will be following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thanks Crissy! I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heeeeey i didnt know u had a blog! hahaha i looove me some michele' aka something in my heart. remember she was coupled up wit dr. dre! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, girls with glasses and natural hair R-O-C-K ROCK!!!! I am one and proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crissy told me last night you changed your blog!!! I liked the other one, but I'm loving this one!! LOVE IT!!! Awesome introduction, and I'm following you!!! Yes please share your reggiment!! KinkyNappyHappy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne~ This is why I love you! We do rock and you are rock'n the hell out of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Can't wait to read more...
    Hugs- k

    ReplyDelete